Sunday, September 08, 2013

LuaZ80 goes public (and Open Source)

Finally, a couple of months after my holiday (where most of it was written - although I started a couple of weeks before), I've got to the stage where I feel confident enough to publish my LuaZ80 project to the world, incomplete as it is.

Or rather I've got to the stage where I realise I need to push it out, because otherwise it will stay on my hard drive forever.

So what does it do? Well, it emulates a Z80 microprocessor (that was in the ZX80, ZX81, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC 464, TRS-80 Model 1 (and several other home computers), as well as arcade games and may other things.

But rather than being a simple 'read-decode-execute' type emulator, it recompiles Z80 into Lua and executes that in Lua, a dynamic programming language.

Obviously it's been inspired (but shares no technical ideas or code from) jslinux. (Running Linux on a virtual x86 and virtual hardware all emulated in javascript is seriously cool.)

Anyway, you can get more information from here: http://robprobin.com/pmwiki.php?n=Main.LuaZ80
And the code from github: http://github.com/robzed/LuaZ80


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older