Monday, April 09, 2007

Robot Camera Commands

(Hopefully this won't end up as a robot blog!)

I've been working on the camera command interface, which is a I2C serial interface.

I've split this into two sections:

1. A lower part that communicates with the on-board i2c peripheral registers and just reads or writes a data stream (although it also handles the device address and read/write bit). As with all low level drivers, this turns out more complicated than it first appeared - especially since I need multiple state machines.

2. A camera specific controller that read and writes to specific camera registers and uses (1) above to do that without knowing about the serial interface. This is the bit I'm doing at the moment.

This division simplifies each section and focuses it on being good at the work at hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older